For those who are well-aware with the functions and just looking for the final verdict, Brother PQ1500SL Quilting And Sewing Machine excels the top picks. The sturdy and heavy built industrial machine will be a classic item to transform raw fabric to masterpiece.
If I put a little limelight on the notable attributes of an industrial sewing machine then you will get a basic idea of how they are superior to their counterparts.
- They are heavy duty machines which are more powerful and durable.
- They are larger in size which maintains stability while working on a tough and thick fabric.
- They are capable of handling big & bulk projects.
- They are much faster and can complete any tasks within the assigned timeline.
- You can throw any fabric ranging from cotton to canvas or silk to leather, they will give you the wonderful garments.
- You don’t have to be cautious while trying these machines for quilts, crafts or any home decor items they will never fail to impress you.
There are several such properties which can easily convince to get one home right now. You all have your own set of choices and I am not here to influence them.
But before you dive in on any conclusion, it is important to take an in depth tour of all the 5 top select models of industrial sewing machines.
Crucial Factors to Consider While Choosing An Industrial Sewing Machine
The most distinguishable attribute of an industrial sewing machine is that they can comfortably and efficiently handle the big projects. On the other hand, the traditional and regular sewing machines are incapable of handling volume of projects.
Here, I have listed the decisive factors in detail so that you can get a crispy clear overall picture of what you are investing in. Let’s have a look!
You will find two types of motors in industrial machines namely servo motors and clutch motors.
Servo motors are basically for domestic purpose with flexible stitching speeds, works well on thin and delicate fabrics, noise-free. Plus, they consume less energy, lightweight and user-friendly.
Whereas a clutch motor is a power horse capable to handle thick and tough materials so comparatively noisy. If you own are related to any clothing industry then it is a must have element for you.
One simple thumb rule for any product is – You pay more, you get more. Be it a stitch speed or motor speed, it comes with a price. A costly machine will give you a good number of stitches in a minute but don’t compromise with the other crucial factors.
A typical industrial machine has stitch speed ranging from 1000 to 5000 spm. These are designed to complete the projects in the fastest speed.
Types of Stitches
Generally, industrial machine is used by people who are into clothing industry or their work ranges from medium to large projects. These machines are perfect for clearing bulk orders.
To meet the requirements of your clients, you need ample of handy features and functions like stitch types. It should have basic stitches like lock stitches, plain stitches, cover stitches, chain stitches, overlook stitches etc.
You will enjoy your sewing journey more if you get ample of room to personalize garments. For get this flexibility, you have to look for adjustable options like stitch length, stitch width and many more.
Further, if you are a novice sewist, working on an industrial machine will be a great challenge for you. You can overcome it by adjusting the stitching speed to avoid crooked and untidy stitches.
Whereas professionals will relish the high speed and may be want to increase them to get the work done before the deadline.
There industrial sewing machines which are built for specific purposes too such as machines only for garments or powerful machines to sew leather, canvas, upholstery or any craft task. It would be helpful for you if you clearly identify your requirements and type of machine.
5 Top-Rated Industrial Sewing Machine With Reviews
1. Juki HZL-DX7 Sewing Machine
Juki’s HZL-DX series 7 machine is a high quality performing sewing and quilting machine. It is one of the best machines for personalized designs with superior finish. The machine is features filled and comes with a lot of adornments.
The fast and easy to use machine allows you to select start or stop function of reverse stitching to give each seam strength. The thread snips off the extra threads coming out of the garments.
It offers various foot controllers that can help you to handle different operations simultaneously. The most attractive thing about this model is it gives you the freedom to personalize the settings and designs as per your wish.
Juki HZL-DX7 manages and gives the needed support while you are engrossed in your work. The presser foot lifts the needle once you stop stitching and saves the fabric from tearing.
It features a slider switch to alter the stitching speed plus it cam sew maximum of 1050 stitches in a minute. Also, you can set the speed in 3 variations of low,medium and fast. For straight stitching by default the needle is set in the setting.
The packing comprises standard presser foot namely overcasting presser, zipper presser, blind stitch presser, buttonhole presser, manual buttonhole presser foot, walking foot, patchwork presser, quilt presser, bobbin, needle set for knitting.
Also, it contains twin needle quilt guide, auxiliary spool pin, T-shaped screwdriver, ripper, cleaning brush, spool caps (large, medium and small), foot controller, knee lifting lever, power cord with a hard case for the protection of the sewing machine.
Juki provides a simple instructional user manual with a supporting DVD. further, the box has open toe presser feet, edge sewing presser foot, smooth presser foot, eyelet punch and extension table to enable the fabric to flow freely.
- Easy to use, versatile and relatively quite
- Loaded with basic to advanced features
- High performance sewing and quilting machine
- Maximum stitching speed is 1050 stitches per minute (spm)
- Easily reaches to the corners and gives the perfect stitch
- Reverse stitch lock to reinforce the seams
- Thread trimming, presser foot auto lift, several foot control options and much more
- Gives freedom to customize the machine as per your choice
- Allows you to switch on /off the functions
- Comes with a lot of fabulous accessories
- People complained that either they got the broken machine or it broke after a few days. Check the product as soon as you receive it. Remember that the machine comes with a warranty so you can use it.
- Poor customer service response.
- Costly product but justifies its price
2. Brother PQ1500SL Quilting And Sewing Machine
Are you an avid fan of quilting or looking for something which can fulfill your desires as a successful quilter. Don’t worry, remember Brother at your side now and then. For all the serious sewist and passionate seamstress, PQ1500SL is here.
This super high speed machine can sew upto 1500 stitches in a minute. At this lightening speed you can vouch for your every project and can complete it before the deadline.
This mod machine is a jack of all desirable features and is a master in quilting and sewing with amazing quality. It has an automatic needle thread trimmer which makes sure that every garment sew has a designer finish.
The PQ1500SL comes with a flexible pin feed mechanism to easily move the layers of fabrics underneath the feed dog. There are 4 extra feed dog settings to give you the control over the fabric.
You save a lot of time with its automatic needle threader that perfectly threads the needle within fraction of seconds. Plus for all the quilters out there, you will get a knee lifter along with an extension table to let your fabric free flow.
The quick bobbin threading setup allows you to swiftly change the bobbin with inbuilt thread cutter. With a slight touch of a button, you can rotate the fabric and the needle position can also be pre programmed everytime the machine stops.
To customize the strength of each stitch, adjust the thread tension control through the thread tension dial. The major advantage of a high grade industrial machine is that it can sew thick to thick fabric with ease.
The Heavy duty construction machine is durable and doesn’t make grinding sound while tackling with a thick material. It maintains stability and avoids skip free sewing. The extraordinary pin feed setting, gives an amazing fabric management.
You don’t have to strain your eyes to work in extremely low light environment. The illuminating LED light gives you a good view while working on the dark fabrics with darker shades of threads.
The customer-focused company gives a 25-year limited warranty with the machine. Further, whenever you face any challenge you can anytime contact their technical team and get an instant solution.
- Ideal for every passionate quilter and sewist
- High speed and sews upto 1500 stitches in a minute (spm)
- High stable due to heavy duty built
- Time saver, fast industrial quilting and sewing machine
- Illuminating LCD light to increase efficiency even in low light
- Allows you to have maximum fabric control through foot presser and 4 feed dog adjustments
- Extension table and knee lifter to tackle heavy and thick fabrics comfortably
- Fabric separator for careful handling of hard to join materials
- Flexible stitch length upto 7mm
- Inbuilt telescopic thread stand for cone threading
- A purchaser said that the bobbin mechanism is poorly engineered
- Some people found automatic needle threader difficult to use
- Mostly are satisfied with the performance of the machine
3. Juki TL-2000Qi Sewing And Quilting Machine
Juki has been playing an effective role from quite a long time. Their ideology to make innovate provides and supply them throughout the world is commendable. They have a customer oriented approach and this is one of the reasons why it is winning the confidence of its customers.
Juki’s TL-2000Qi is an updated quilting and domestic sewing machine with a powerful and sturdy built. It is constructed from aluminium die cast arm which ensures overall durability of the product.
It works great if you are an ardent fan of home decor, quilting, hems denim jeans, apparels and all the creative stuff. The features are friendly to use and brings the best on the table.
The high speed quilting and sewing machine stitches 1500 stitches in a minute. If you are a beginner, it would be better to practice a little before you start a fresh project on this fast product.
This workhorse machine features LED light and constantly saves your eyes are stress and strain. In addition to this, whenever you stuck on any step, you can refer to the user manual for the troubleshooting process.
Juki TL-2000Qi includes an extension bed table to give you more space to place a large and flowy fabric on it. Even a quilt can glide over the space freely and you can efficiently stitch something wonderful out of that.
The needle threader does its job perfectly within seconds and saves you from frustration. This feature is easy to use and is a big time saver. The one pedal operation manages the thread trimming functions and speed of the mechanism.
The feedback says that it is one of the favourites of quilters from all around the world. It comes with feed foot, 1/5 “quilting foot to easily adjust the layers of fabric. It can easily hems jeans without much of an effort.
There are some positives and negatives I have listed below, you can go through them and get a quick idea about this Juki’s model.
- Perfect for both quilting and sewing mechanisms
- Heavy duty, solid, sleek, high quality industrial machine
- Good to create home decor, apparel and quilting stuff
- Comes with LED light feature which illuminates your workspace
- Works at an amazingly high speed with 1500 stitches per minute
- Durable built, reliable performance and maintains stability
- Used aluminium die cast arm and bed which works well with low vibration operations
- Majorly straight stitches
- Automatic needle threader to take care of your eyes as much as possible.
- The extension table is also included to comfortably deal with the large and heavy fabrics
- The user-friendly manual to troubleshoot all the problems
- Read the instructions carefully before you try your hands on on this machine
- Someone complained about the screw which holds the needle broke.
- The foot pedal is not that smooth
- Needle threader is really a mystery to solve
- No speed controller
4. Janome Industrial HD1000 Sewing Machine
Janome’s mission is to manufacture products inspired with innovation and creativity. To a larger extent they have succeeded in their aim. The tools are artistic and intelligently designed keeping in view the basic to advanced needs of end consumer.
Janome’s Industrial-Grade Aluminium Body is a quilting and sewing machine which is capable to sew every small to big projects regardless of the bulkiness of each project. It can complete every job before the stipulated timeline.
The elegant black aluminium built HD1000 features 14 inbuilt stitches with needle threader to enhance grace to every garment you sew. This machine is completely built to make every stitch valuable.
The drop feed is incorporated for free motion quilting and sewing. With a soft touch the lever works, this feature helps you in darning, attaching buttonholes in the size which suits you the best.
You can have an easy access to all your vital accessories and tools. You can place them in the storage compartment by simply removing the free arm and turn it into the storage space.
The free arm sews any type of cylindrical openings such as sleeves, collards, hemming pants and much more. Plus the 3 piece feed dog setup gives a smooth and easy feed to the fabric. It works well for multi layered fabrics and quilting operations.
A good quality hard sided cover is included in the box which keeps your machine protected and dust free.the machine gives you ample flexibility to adjust settings and dimensions according to you.
You can personalize the patterns as per your client and project requirements. The stitch length and stitch width and be adjusted to appropriate settings. Adjust them and you are free to go!!!
Consumers reviewed that the box includes some of the basic accessories which makes it a full package. The accessories comprises 4 presser feet, needles, bobbins, a hard cover to protect the machine from dust and debris, general purpose foot, blind hemming foot, zipper foot, sliding buttonhole foot and much more.
Janome rules on every user’s heart with its 25 year limited warranty. Majority of the buyers are highly satisfied and even claimed that Janome will be their first and last machine.
- Sturdy, industrial grade sewing machine
- Internal skeleton and outer body made out of Aluminium
- The construction material enhances overall durability
- Comes with inbuilt 14 stitches with a 4-step buttonhole mechanism
- A fast built-in needle threader to speed up the whole process
- Good for free motion quilting and sewing with the switch of a lever
- Maximum people are delighted to have this machine
- A buyer said that the built of the machine is weak
- Someone complained that the machine is not even to stitch apparels, denims and thick stuff and he is highly disappointed with the product.
5. Juki DDl-8700-H Industrial Sewing Machine” alt=”” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ data-src=”https://web.archive.org/web/20210506073201/https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=swg_body-20&language=en_US&l=li3&o=1&a=B01I0M53GK” />
This is another product from Juki and I must tell you that in the array of industrial machines, Juki is giving a tough and fair competition to other famous and established brands.
Juki DDL-8700-H Industrial Machine works on super sonic speed of 5500 stitches per minute. Users love working on this speed as it gives you a smooth and swift sewing experience.
The 11 inches of arm space is large enough to sew and design big and heavy quilts. The most attractive part of the machine is its liberty of customizing the stitch sizes.
The length of the stitch can be adjusted upto 5mm. Even if you are into detain stitching or you often need to stitch close garments then you can use 6 stitches per inch.
Further, with the single lockstitch setup, you can make well designed, high quality fabrics. The overall review of the machine is quite impressive. Even if you love to do the embellishments and other decorative applications you are going to love this chic.
The machine adapts a fully lubricating setup, this keeps all the function smooth and free flowing. You don’t need to do extra efforts to maintain its parts. It stays well-maintained and responsive for a longer duration.
The Juki’s DDl-8700-H is an eco-friendly addition of the company and follows Juki Group Green Guidelines. This is a good initiative to add greenery to the environment.
The accessories included in the 3 boxes are machine head and fecw accessories in one box. The second boc comprises v belt and servo motor and the last box has legs/table top/drawer, 2 spool thread stand, bobbin winder, knee lifter, 1 bobbin, screw driver, machine oil and much more.
Since assembling parts are delivered in different boxed, if you are not into technology, you may find it difficult to assemble it. Plus there is no user’s instructions in the box. People found this a little annoying.
- Industrial straight stitch machine
- High speed of 5500 stitches per minute
- Ideal for medium to heavy fabrics
- Comes with a maximum stitch length of 5mm
- Features needles which ranges from 9 to 24
- Capable of completing the tasks in time
- Gives freedom for personalized garments
- No instructions for assembly, you have to do it by yourself
- People found the machine costly
- A buyer said he got a defective piece so check the machine immediately after delivery
There are few brands which are customer focussed and they work on the ideology of paying less and giving more. After closely going through each and every feature, I found Brother PQ1500SL Quilting And Sewing Machine worth your investment.
It is swift, durable, stable, heavy duty machine with various adjustable settings. From delicate to thick, throw anything on it and all you get is confidence and satisfaction for life.
This is certainly a masterpiece created by Brother’s with basic to advanced features. Features are not fancy just for attracting you but useful enough to take your work to the next level.
Usually, these machines are costly and high-end, so identify your requirements and take the final decision. Creativity has no end. There is always more to Create
Hi, there! I am Hannah Nelson, your host on this website. I started this blog to teach my lovely readers how to master the art of sewing effortlessly and how to turn this hobby into an income generating business.