From my findings, the final verdict is Janome Graceful Gray Basic outranks all others. This portable, compact delight offers basic to advanced operations with various stitches, threading diagrams for instant guidance and much more.
Janome has their own standards and protocols and each machine coming out of their warehouse is tested several times.
Because of all these traits and authenticity, still Janome is respected as one of the top companies of sewing machines.
Don’t worry I have done all the research now, all you need to do is get a fair idea of your requirements. I have reviewed the top ten sewing machines of Janome brand and tried to cover up maximum information in the short and sweet reviews.
<< Recommended Best Janome Sewing Machines >>
- Janome 2212 With Exclusive Bonus Bundle
- Janome 4120QDC Computerized Sewing Machine
- Janome HD3000 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
- Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine With Exclusive Bundle
- Janome 3160QDC Computerized Sewing Machine
- Janome DC5100 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Janome Magnolia 7330 Sewing Machine
- Janome 8077 Computerized Sewing Machine With Exclusive Bonus Bundle
- Janome HD1000 Mechanical Sewing Machine With Free Bonus Package
- Janome Graceful Basic Lightweight Sewing Machine
In This Article
All About Janome Brand
William Barker and Andrew J Clark surprised the domestic industry by creating a groundbreaking sewing machine in 1862. It was founded in Japan by American experts with the name New Home in Massachusetts.
The Japanese Company Janome is one of the leading manufacturers of sewing machines which was established in 1921. Janome is not the only one who sells it but they’re known for what they sell.
From the very beginning, consistent improvements and innovation is their focus. Their target is to bring professional styles sewing machines to every home. They are better known for their embroidery machines, regular sewing machines and sergers.
The most impressive innovation in this industry was the introduction of computerized sewing machines. Janome was the first one to offer programmable embroidery machines and sergers in 1990, which eventually became a benchmark for all creativity and innovations.
Janome was the leading innovators in home sewing and improvements. In all these years their place has been solidified and Janome is successfully living up to the expectations in the most appreciable ways.
10 Top-Rated Janome Sewing Machines With Reviews
1. Janome 2212 With Exclusive Bonus Bundle
Congrats! If you are a newbie, at last you found your partner for your creativity. Janome takes care of everybody and keeps all you close to its heart. Especially those you are about to enter the big world of Sewing. It very well understands that fashion and style has no limit.
With Janome 2212 it has shown that yes there is a machine this edition is not a toy which will break once plugged in. you will never be frustrated and stressed with your purchase. Janome is living up to its reputation of being one of the best top 3 sellers of sewing machines.
The exclusive bonus package comprises a bundle of ten branded bobbins and size 14 needles. The good part is the quality and budget. Both are user friendly. You will get rid of all your stressed out days. Only thing you have to follow is Practice as much as you can.
You can use four step buttonhole to insert various designs and patterns to your fabric. The 12 built in stitches give you enough room to explore your potential to the fullest. Plus it gives you the leverage to select the pattern of your choice.
To add zigzag designs, you get the option to vary the length and width of the stitch. This is a lightweight machine which complements its features and cost. It is quite easy to use and you will cherish this purchase all your life.
It is an ideal machine for all the beginners out there. The drop feed and free arm features adds perfect to its characteristics. To quickly get your hands on this machine, you can follow youtube videos or you can go for classes.
- Comprises bundle 10 Janome bobbins, size 14 needles
- Amazing quality provided nominal prices
- 12 built-in stitches and a dial to select the pattern
- Drop feed and free arm enhances the capabilities of the machine
- Simple to use, lightweight and easy to set up
- Ideal machine for total beginners
- A buyer said that it only looks simple to use but actually it is not
- A customer said that Janome has degraded it’s quality.
2. Janome 4120QDC Computerized Sewing Machine
To tackle any kind of sewing such as home decor, regular, quilting, patchwork and highly fashionable, Janome 4120QDC is there to perform everything without any worry. Say yes to good projects and start your sewing right away.
The 120 inbuilt stitches with 7 buttonholes to create a wide range of ideas for any task. Even if you make a pattern with each stitch within a span of very less time you may be having your own collection.
The feature packed 4120QDC has a full LCD screen which has an easy to use panel that allows you to see every minor detail in decorative stitches and even a minute level of fineness in all types of stitches.
It has all the common features which you will find in every computerized machine. The features are automatic needle threader, jam proof top loading bobbin system and many more. Both the features are stress free and very relaxing for your eyes.
With a slight touch of a button, you can snip off the top and bottom thread. For strong stitches, you can use reverse stitching that can lock the work properly.
Also, the lock stitch button gives a finishing touch to every stitch and don’t let you leave the stitch in between. With a touch you can bring needle up/down without any foot control.
The fully featured accessories are extension table, hard cover, User instructional DVD, Zigzag A sewing foot, Overedge C sewing foot, Zipper E, Satin stitch F sewing foot and blind hem G sewing foot add value to the cost
Janome doesn’t stopped here other appreciable add ons such as ¼”seam O ewing foot with guide, automatic buttonhole R, zigzag F2 sewing foot, large and small spool holder, assorted needle set, bobbins, spool pin, screw driver, sem ripper, lint brush, stitch chart and user manual.in short you name anything and you will get it right there.
If you are pro and your first love is certainly sewing, I will suggest you to have a look on this sewing machine.
- 120 built-in stitches with built-in options to design alphabets
- Automatic needle threader to relax your eyes
- LCD panel to see patterns and designs in detail
- Jam resistant top loading bobbin system
- All the buttons give handy options for easy operation
- Loaded with incredible accessories
- It comes with a hard case for safety and protection
- The extension table gives enough space for fabric to move swiftly
- A customer said that it is lightweight but made up of cheap material
- A buyer pointed out that the manual is quite difficult to understand
3. Janome HD3000 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
Janome HD3000 heavy duty machine is a perfect package for all the sewing enthusiasts. Which is full of accessories like ultra glide foot, blind hem, buttonhole foot and many more. Not only this, a hard case is also given to protect the machine from dust and dirt.
To relax your eyes and body, and to avoid unnecessary stress features like automatic needle threader is given. The bobbin system is top loaded which is quite easy to change. You can watch the quantity of the thread on the spool and refill it when needed.
From decorations to repairing fabrics, simply select the kind of stitch you want using the dial. The selected stitch will display on the flip up stitch panel. There are 18 built-in stitches, you can see all one by one on the panel and choose the desired one.
To experiment or sew on a wide variety of fabrics with varied thicknesses, adjust the dial of the presser foot pressure accordingly. It gives you a room to produce several styles and patterns. If you run any business, then this facility is certainly a grace.
Never underestimate the power of a sewing lover. He can sew anything. The free arm option is able to stitch any type of cylindrical fabrics such as legs area of pants, sleeves and cuffs of the shirt.
It comprises with a lot of adornments like machine cover, different foot to solve various purposes. The foot includes buttonhole foot B, zipper E foot, rolled hem D, Overedge C foot, blind hem G.
Also, other additions comprises a pack of bobbin, ultra glide foot, 2 bundles of leather needles, a hard cover/case, bobbin winder, built-in thread cutter etc. All accessories are incredible and will help you to take out of any project or task with ease.
Other foot are automatic buttonhole R foot, screwdriver, small screwdriver, pack of needles, small and large spool holder, seam ripper, lint brush, extra spool pin, bobbin, quilter bar, felt, control/power cord, user manual and warranty card.
- Comes with a protective hard cover
- Heavy duty machine and heavy duty frame
- Contains leather and universal needles
- Full of all the basic features like automatic needle threader, top loading bobbin system etc
- A complete jam-proof package
- Maximum sewing speed goes up to 860 stitches per minute.
- A user said that it works very well on thick fabric
- Stays stable and sturdy while sewing at higher speed
- The stitch diagrams and quite easy to follow
- The bobbin winder doesn’t wind the thread tightly
- A buyer complained that the backstitch button is difficult to deal with
4. Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine With Exclusive Bundle
It is fully adorned with the features for a great sewing all you need to do is to research and invest once convinced. Janome Magnolia 7318 comes with an exclusive bundle to make your life easy and happening.
The exclusive bundle has all the Janome’s branded add-ons. It comprises a pack size 14 needles, 10 bobbins made out of plastic and a muffling mat.
Janome gives you the option to choose from 18 stitches. With these stitches, you can explore various ideas and experiment with different patterns and designs on different fabrics.
It features jam proof top loading bobbin operation for easy replacement of thread when needed. Plus a newly introduced 7-piece feed dog that superbly controls the fabric.
Janome has a knowledgeable and friendly staff to answer all your questions. They give you free telephone support post sale also. So, don’t hesitate to call or drop a mail you have any doubts.
- Full with exclusive bundles like muffling mat, 10 plastic bobbins, 1 pack size 14 needles etc
- All the 18 types of stitches work great to create different styles
- To get precise results, it has 4 step buttonhole with balance adjuster
- Top loading bobbin system is jam proof for a smooth threading
- To control your fabric, the newly introduced 7-piece feed dog will help
- A purchaser said that the manual is misleading and she end up jamming the machine
- A user said that it is a light duty machine and it can’t be used for precision sewing
5. Janome 3160QDC Computerized Sewing Machine
The computerized sewing machine is a divine model by Janome which can effortlessly fulfill your daily tasks. From regular sewing to fashionable attires and quilting to patchwork, it lets you complete all your projects in time.
The Janome 3160QDC is itself a complete package. You don’t need to wander here and there for basic accessories. It has 60 built-in sewing stitches plus 6 buttonholes with automatic needle threader to make your life stress free and comfortable.
The LCD panel displays the various operations and simultaneously guides you through every step. You can follow a simple track to thread the machine with jam proof top loading bobbin system.
With a simple touch, the thread cutter snips off the top and bottom thread. You may do the back stitching to strengthen your stitches. Generally, all sewing machines have reverse stitching feature, if in case it doesn’t, then check for some other model.
Also, the lock stitch is quite advantageous as it makes sure that each and every stitch should be finished with perfection. Even, you don’t need to use your foot for needle up/down, a button will control that for you.
The most exciting thing about this model is its incredible quantity of accessories. The packing contains a hard case to protect your machine from dust and dirt. There is a facility of extension table to give more space to your fabric.
It comprises a quilt kit, ¼ seam “O” foot with an easy guide. Plus to try your hands on various sewing fields, you will get open toe darning foot and feed foot, zigzag “A”, overedge “C”zipper “E”, Satin stitch “F” and lastly blind hem “G” sewing foot.
Janome is still not done. The other sewing foot option it gives is zig zag “F2”, automatic buttonhole “R” sewing foot. The add on is an assorted needle set, small and large spool holder bobbins, extra spool pin, seam ripper, bobbins, lint brush with a well explained user manual.
If you don’t own any of the sewing accessories and you are planning to buy a sewing machine then wait and check out this model. In case any of you wants to upgrade their machine then it is one of the best options available right now.
- A lightweight product which is good at everything
- Comes with hard cover for safety
- Extension table to provide ample space for heavy fabric
- 60 built-in sewing stitches and 6 buttonholes with automatic needle threader
- LCD panel to see all the functions clearly with just a touch
- A jam proof top loading bobbin system
- Thread cutter button ensures finishing
- To reinforce each stitch, sew in reverse direction too
- For a complete stitch, use lockstitch button
- The needle up/down button avoids ripping of fabrics
- Add-ons are assorted needle set, small and large spool holder, bobbins, screwdriver, seam ripper, lint brush, instruction manual and much more
- No negative reviews as such.
6. Janome DC5100 Computerized Sewing Machine
DC5100 is a complete bunch of all the things you will ever need. Take up any task with confidence and complete all with perfection. It is capable of performing all the projects ranging from basics to an expert creations.
You can perform any function related to home decor, scrapbooking, quilting and what not. It gives you ample of options to create your own designs. Plus DC5100 lets you experiment with different patterns on various fabrics.
The backlit touchscreen LCD guides you through in most easiest ways. If you are working late at night, the backlit feature enables you to work comfortably and efficiently.
Janome SC5100 offers you with 167 built in several stitches with 5 single step buttonholes for some innovative projects.
You can even store up to 50 various patterns in the memory storage. These patterns will stay in the memory and you can refer them whenever you want.
The Janome computerized machine brings an impressive addition which a tote. It’s a thoughtful bundle which comprise a pack of all the branded cherry blossom bobbins.
If i conclude here then I can say that this Janome model offers you with a wide variety of stitches to work with. These properties give wings to your innovative and creative mind without any limitations.
- Ideal for quilting, garment stitching, scrapbooking, home décor and much more
- Comes with a unique bonus package which includes a cute tote, a bundle of 25 branded cherry blossom bobbins.
- 167 stitches which contains 5 automatic single step buttonholes, storage to save up to 50 various designs etc.
- LCD with background lighting for easy navigation
- You will get all the high end features
- Gives you space for precise and accurate sewing experience.
- A user was disappointed as the machine did not have start and stop feature.
7. Janome Magnolia 7330 Sewing Machine
Janome 7330 sewing machine is a computerized stitching selection with a 5 piece bonus bundle. The package contains all the necessary articles to accompany you for all your tasks.
The bundle comprises a pack of branded rolled hem foot, leather needles, plastic bobbins and blind hem foot. The leather needle number 14 and number 12 is quite beneficial to work on both light and heavy fabric.
It comes with 6 single step buttonholes which is sensor type. It is made very responsive and follows all the instructions well. Moreover, the LCD screen gives you adequate guidance to facilitate you when you need.
There is a double lift presser foot which works good on the thick fabrics. If you are fond of designing new patterns on leather, denim or any thick garment then it will be a blessing for you.
If you are a leather person and feel like grabbing some more information of sewing machine for leather fabric. You can go through my guide on the Best Sewing Machine For Leather.
Also, the memorized needle stop up/down button keeps track of your activities.it memorizes the steps and act accordingly.
It is made to work perfectly at 110 volts. I will suggest you to check the voltage of your place before buying this particular model. If you live in US then you can go for this without any second thought.
- A computerized Janome edition to meet all your daily needs
- Works at 110 volt, mostly preferred in US
- 6 sensor types of buttonholes
- Comes with a 5 pieces of bonus bundle
- To work on thicker fabrics, double lift presser is foot is given
- Needle stop up/down facilities
- People are disappointed with the after sales service
- A user reviewed that he is getting loops on the back of his fabric.
8. Janome 8077 Computerized Sewing Machine With Exclusive Bonus Bundle
If you are looking for a sewing machine which can handle all types of fabric from lightweight cotton fabrics to heavyweight denim or leather fabric then put a fullstop to your search.
Adorned with a lot of bonus accessories this machine can play with all the garment stuff in between too. You will enjoy sewing experience with this chic. You can just focus on your designs and rest leave everything on it.
The features like automatic needle threader, LED screen and many more are there to make your life easy and happening. The 2-digit LED screen offers you select the type of stitch selection, drop feed capable and superb feeding system.
You can choose the built-in sewing stitches out of 30 options from the LED and front stitch panel. 8077 includes several foot like satin stitch, zipper, buttonhole etc.
The bundle comprises one step automatic buttonholes, bobbins, screwdriver, additional spool pin, spool caps, seam ripper etc.
To work tirelessly without any foot control, the start /stop button is comfortable. It lets you reverse stitch button, declutch bobbin winder and accurate thread tension.
- Comes with a tote, you can use it for storing your accessories too.
- Ideal for fabrics from lightweight to heavy and in between too.
- 30 stitching options with 6 one step buttonholes
- Bright LED display to see the stitch quality
- A machine worth spending for.
- After a few projects, works flawlessly to create impressive designs.
- A viewer said that the performance for the machine is disappointing
9. Janome HD1000 Mechanical Sewing Machine With Free Bonus Package
Janome HD1000 is one of the best machines for sewists like you. You can carefree work on heavy fabric without caring about the stability of the machine. It gives you full room to expand your variety of garments.
Constructed with excellent sturdiness, HD1000 has user friendly features that everyone can enjoy. It is made up of heavy duty cast aluminum which ensures longevity of the product. This metal material gives durability to the users.
To tackle a wide variety of fabrics and designs, 14 built-in stitches which includes different stitches like stretch stitches, 4 step buttonhole and utility stretches are given. You will never find style restriction with this model.
To stitch cuffs, collars, pants or any cylindrical shaped fabric, the free arm is very useful. For stippling, darning and joining buttons the drop feed actually do wonders. There are other free motion operations which you can freely perform on this model.
Not only this, the automatic needle threader is given to maintain the power of your eyesight without giving stress to them. It perfectly threads the needle and you are ready to go.
A good number of accessories are there to meet up all your projects of any level. The amazing bunch comprises felt, extra needles, buttonhole and seam ripper, bobbins, 2 screwdrivers, soft cover, buttonhole foot, zipper foot, hemmer foot and a simple hem guide.
- Cast aluminium body that ensures stability and durability
- 14 built-in stitches containing stretch stitches, utility stitches and a 4 step buttonhole system
- Bonus package includes: extra needles, bobbins, seam/buttonhole ripper and alot more
- Free arm to stitch cuffs, collars, drop feed and pants
- Drop feed for putting buttons, stippling etc.
- Automatic needle threader to relax your eyes.
- A buyer felt that the machine is overpriced.
10. Janome Graceful Basic Lightweight Sewing Machine
Janome 5 pound basic sewing machine is a perfect combo for all the beginners. It is intentionally designed to tackle small projects like mending and repairing of clothes, to fix all the alterations etc.
With 11 built-in stitches, it works well for dorm, kids living, travelling and apartment living. These stitches contain zigzag, crescent and straight stitches with 2 needle locations.
Reverse stitching helps you to strengthen every stitch. It never lets even a single seam to open up. The machine has storage compartment where you can keep all the related accessories for an easy and quick access.
The free arm is given to perform several hands free operation. These are highly useful while stitching any cylindrical shaped designs like pants, collars and cuffs.
The lightweight Janome graceful sewing machine in gray color is easy to port. The beginners tend to move here and there so the compact design complements the needs perfectly.
To avoid missing any step while threading the machine you can any time refer to the threading diagrams which are located right in front of your eyes. The top loading drop in bobbin system with a clear cover makes it simple to keep a check on the quantity of thread left in the spool.
Plus, there is a presser foot which comes with the finger guards to avoid any mishap. Even if your kids are fond of sewing you can handover this compact and basic machine without the fear of accident.
Further, the highlighting features include 5 straight stitch variations for basic sewing projects and inserting zippers to your relevant garments. There are 2 zig zag stitching variations for repairing and stylish garment construction.
The 1 crescent or scallop stitch gives you ample of room to fulfill your decoration needs like applique or embellishment work. Also, to complete the package a multi zig zag stitch is there for stretch fabrics such as knits.
Conclusively, though the machine is very basic it can make your life more simple than you can ever imagine. Even the basic operations are enough to raise your creative skills. May be you cannot take the risk of dealing with bigger projects but working on small tasks will never disappoint you at any point of time.
- Easy to use, basic, compact and lightweight sewing machine for regular sewing.
- A portable machine available in various colors
- Ideal for newbies, mending work and alterations
- 11 built in stitches with 2 needle positions
- Compartment for accessory storage
- Free arm to use your hands in holding the fabric for a perfect stitch
- Top drop in bobbin for comfortable loading of thread spool
- Finger guards to avoid any injury.
- There is no built-in light
- A user said that it broke within 3 months of purchase.
Summary Of Findings
Janome are still maintaining their standards and without any fail. It is capable of catering all the sewists from beginners to professional.
For beginners the Janome Graceful Gray Basic is perfect. I agree that it looks like a toy but trust me it is not. You can consider this as it is good for both beginners and intermediates.
The features are sufficient and will never restrict your creative instincts till you become a pro. All the basic features like automatic needle threader, reverse stitching, free arm, top loading of drop in bobbin and much more are there.
For the experts, I will recommend Janome 3160 QDC Computerized Sewing Machine. From regular to fashionable garments, you can design everything including quilting, patchwork, say YES to all the big projects and complete the tasks before the timeline.
The lightweight machine has a hard cover, extension table, 60 built-in stitches with 6 buttonholes, LCD panel, top loading bobbin etc with a decent good bunch of bonus accessories. Keep sewing and keep your bobbin full now and always!!!