Is quilting your passion? Or do you want to learn quilting? Then, this post might help you. This post is about the best sewing machines available in the market for free motion quilting. Quilting has changed over the years. You don’t need to use those big and heavy machines for quilting now. There are amazing machines available in the market that can make your quilting experience real fun.
First, let me clarify what quilting is as many of you won’t know it. Quilting is the process of sewing two or more fabrics together to make a thick fabric. There are quilting machines available for beginners, intermediates, and experts but they will cost you different. In this post, I will pick overall good machines. So, here we start the list.
Top 4 Large Throat Sewing Machines for Quilting:
Brother XR9550 Sewing and Quilting Machine
This is the overall best large throat sewing machine for quilting. This is one of the best entry-level machines produces by Brother. It comes with a lot of accessories and provides many features.
The machine comes with 155 stitches. It offers 8 1-step buttonhole patterns as well. This machine can be used for embroidery too. It also has 55 alphanumeric stitches.
The Brother XR9550 Quilting Machine has an extra-wide table which is a must for quilting. It also has a built-in font for mono-programming. Thus, the machine offers quality and variety. The machine is powerful enough to go through multiple layers of stitches.
The price is also affordable for any beginner. Thus, this is an overall package for quilting. I highly recommend this Brother XR9550 Quilting Machine for people who want to learn quilting or just want to do it at home.
- 165 unique built-in stitches: The Brother XR9550 computerized machine includes 110 built-in utility, decorative and heirloom stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric sewing stitches
- Automatic needle threader and drop-in top bobbin: The Brother fast needle threading system takes care of threading the needle for you and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- Included accessories: Included with the XR9550 quilting and sewing machine is a protective hard cover, wide table, 8 sewing and quilting feet, instructional DVD and more
Singer 7469Q Confidence Quilter
This is another great machine for novices. It comes with 98 built-in stitches and has 7 1-step buttonhole patterns. So, it offers a great variety of projects at any level.
It has a table large enough for doing quilting. It also has four bonus quilting feet to make your quilting experience memorable every-time you use the machine.
The machine is beginner-friendly and inexpensive. It is extremely easy to use and easy to set-up. The drop-in bobbin and the bobbin winder are very easy to use. Thus, the machine is a perfect buy for any beginner.
The programmable needle up/down features makes the use further easier. Thus, I also recommend this machine as it provides value for its price.
- Automatic needle threader and Drop & Sew bobbin system make for quick and easy set-up. Helpful Hint: To secure thread, pull both threads to the backside of the fabric and tie together.
- 98 built-in stitches with seven fully automatic one-step buttonholes provide endless project possibilities
- Programmable needle up/down and drop feed make quilting fun and easy
Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist Sewing Machine for Quilting
This might prove to be a great machine for intermediates and experts. This machine is highly recommended for industries. This machine is one of the highest-rated machines available in the market.
It has 600 built-in stitch patterns. Thus, it offers a huge amount of variety. You will never ask for more for quilting. It has 13 programmable one-step buttonholes. So, you will never have to create a buttonhole manually.
Stitch length and width can be adjusted automatically. It has an automatic needle threader and a needle up/down button. The set-up of this machine is extremely easy.
It has a large table which is perfectly suitable for quilting. It has an automatic thread cutter too. It has 19 presser feet and a lot of other accessories.
So, if budget is not an issue for you, this is one of the best machines available for any task in the market today
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting There’s even a selection of fonts to personalize projects
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate It also has Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities
Juki TL-2000Qi (Best Sewing Machine for Quilting)
This machine is not that inexpensive but has value for its price. It is one of the best sewing machines for free motion quilting from Juki. The machine offers a lot of features.
One of the significant advantages of using this machine is its speed. Its stitching speed is 1500 stitches per minute. So, the machine is very fast.
It has an automatic needle threader. It has a large table which provides a wide work area for quilting. Thus, this is another good feature required for quilting.
It has an aluminum die-cast arm. It also has a bed for low vibration operation. This model is updated with LED lights. Hence, the user can work easily on dark fabric.
It also features one pedal operation. So, this is the best model available there for intermediates and experts.
The price might seem a little higher but if the budget is not a problem, I highly recommend this sewing machine for you.
So, these were my picks for the best large throat sewing machines for free motion quilting available in the market. There are many other models available that can prove good for you. For beginners, other models include Brother HC1850, Brother CS6000i, Janome 8002D Serger, Janome 2212, etc. These models are highly affordable by any beginner and provide a good amount of features.
- Updated with LED lights and one pedal operation
- 1500 SPM for quilting apparel and home décor
- Automatic needle threader
There are other models available for expert quilters too. These models include Janome MC-6300p, Brother pq1500SL, Janome New Home MC7700QCP, etc. These machines will cost you more but are very good at quilting. So, first, you need to decide the purpose of using a machine for quilting and then you can choose any of these amazing machines available in the market. I hope this post is helpful to you in choosing the right quilting machine for you.
Hi, there! I am Hannah Nelson, your host on this website. I started this blog to teach my lovely readers how to master the art of sewing effortlessly and how to turn this hobby into an income generating business.