The Brother xl2600i sewing machine has received numerous positive reviews from customers for several reasons. Many customers consider this particular Brother model to be durable, high-performing, and extremely affordable. They find the selection of stitches to be helpful and often praise the convenience of the one-step buttonholing and automatic needle threading functions.
Customers have reported success with the Brother xl2600i, from simple mending to artistic piping to creating Halloween costumes, due to its ease of use, especially with bobbin winding. This machine is an ideal choice for those who do a lot of home sewing, such as quilting, home decor, crafting, and garment creation.
The Brother xl2600i sewing machine is also suitable for those who have no sewing experience but would like to learn how to sew. The instructions are easy to follow and the machine’s lightweight yet durable construction makes it easy to move. In addition to the aforementioned features, there are several other features of this Brother model to consider.
Features of the Brother XL-2600i
- Stitch selector: the easy stitch selector allows you to select your preferred stitch just by turning the dial.
- Dimensions: this lightweight sewing machine measures 12.3 inches by 7.7 inches by 9.6 inches and weighs 11 pounds.
- Drop-in bobbin: this is yet another convenience offered by this Brother model. You simply drop the bobbin in, pull your thread through its slot, and you can start sewing.
- Automatic needle threading: follow the printed threading diagram on the machine and let the automatic needle threading system do the job for you.
- Free arm: this built-in feature is the perfect helper for sewing sleeves, pant legs, and cuffs, as well as other smaller-sized cylindrical items.
- Accessory storage: you can keep all your essential sewing items and other accessories organized with the built-in accessory storage in its free arm.
- Automatic-sized buttonholes: create automatic-sized buttonholes with the built-in one-step buttonholing stitch system of this Brother model which includes the button fitting foot for sewing the buttons on.
- Built-in stitches: use any or all of the 25 stitches built into the Brother xl2600i with multiple functions for each stitch.
- Presser feet: this Brother model has the narrow hemmer foot, button-fitting foot, buttonhole foot, blind stitch foot, and zipper foot as accessories to go with its presser feet for more finishing touch options.
- Accessories: three extra bobbins, a needle set, an extra spool pin, twin needle, a darning plate, and a screwdriver are all included in every purchase of this particular Brother model.
- Manual: a bilingual, easy-to-follow user’s instruction manual comes with the xl2600i model to help familiarize you with how it works.
- Illumination: the workspace light bulb ensures that your sewing area is well lit whenever you work on your projects.
- Warranty: comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
- Thread cutter: another convenient feature is the automatic thread cutter that snips off upper and lower threads as soon as each task has been completed.
Pros and Cons of the xl2600i
Based on Brother xl2600i review submissions from customers, this particular model garnered mostly positive comments, ranging from excellent performance for beginning sewers to the most affordable in its class of similarly-designed machines. The star of this particular Brother model is really the stitches which are, undoubtedly, the most useful feature for beginning and immediate level sewers.
The threading and bobbin winding systems say loads about convenience and their automatic and drop-in capabilities, respectively, are real time savers when you think about it. Its strongest point is the versatility in which it creates a wide range of projects that require sewing such as altering, mending, and sewing simple pieces of garments and then shifting its use to quilting, home décor, and crafting.
Although relatively few, some customer reviews mentioned some experience with tension that may be a little too lose, difficulty in operating the reverse mode, and some thread tangling and jamming which other reviews dismissed as negligible. Other reviews reported some parts of the user’s instruction manual are hard to comprehend and still others reported that this Brother model “feels” like a “toy.”
What Customers Say About the Brother XL2600i Model
Based on the overall Brother xl2600i review submissions, this product was given a general Amazon rating of 4.4 stars out of five, with 988 out of 1,472 customers giving it five stars. This shows that there are more customers who have been satisfied with their purchase of this Brother model and have even recommended the product to other users through their reviews.
The common “con,” however, points to the tension and threading functions of the Brother sewing machine – xl2600i which have a common denominator: too loose and jamming or tangling, respectively. These two factors, while dismissed by the majority of customers, can become a bigger issue later on if the company leaves it unattended.
In fairness, though, customers are unanimous in saying that this particular Brother sewing machine is “perfect” primarily for beginning sewers but quite a good number of sewers at the immediate and advanced levels found this product is also suitable for the kind of sewing they do. And the price tag of this Brother has been almost universally described by reviews as the best for the features it has.
After having read the review, you are now asking yourself whether or not you should buy this particular Brother model. How about you answer the following questions first? Are you:
- A beginning sewer with no idea of how to use a sewing machine but would like to learn how in your own time?
- The kind of sewer who prefers simple or basic stitches that doesn’t require much time to create?
- An intermediate level sewer who wants to hone up on skills before going on to the advanced stage of sewing?
- On a budget for a first sewing machine or looking to replace an old one with something affordable?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of the questions above, you may want to consider purchasing the Brother xl2600i sewing machine to meet your needs. If you want further confirmation of how this particular Brother model would fit into your lifestyle, read the helpful customer reviews on Amazon to help you make an informed decision before you take out your wallet.
Hi, there! I am Hannah Nelson, your host on this website. I started this blog to teach my lovely readers how to master the art of sewing effortlessly and how to turn this hobby into an income generating business.