I first learned to sew on a Janome sewing machine when I was starting out as a seamstress. Recently, I purchased the JANOME 2212 machine to teach some friends basic stitching skills and help them make costumes for events like Halloween. This model is an affordable option as it has limited features, but is sturdy and built to last. It is an ideal choice for beginners who are just starting on their sewing journey and don’t need all the bells and whistles of more advanced machines. The JANOME 2212 is a simple, non-digital machine that is easy to use and a great value for its price.
It has twelve built –in stitches and a four step button hole. It has an easy to use dial which allows the user to make stitch selection and adjustment very easy. It also has a free arm sewing and drop feed therefore allows the novice to tackle all sewing projects during training.
The machine has an amazing design which makes it lightweight and easy to use. It can be placed on a special table top providing the user with easy accessibility as well as maintenance in case it breaks down. It has a dial pattern selection, stitch width and length adjustment that allows ease of use.
The machine is designed with great features such as the free arm sewing and drop feed therefore allowing the machine to tackle different sewing projects. It has twelve built-in stitches for apparel and craft sewing. The user can also experiment with light projects like household linens and crafts.
Below are features of the JANOME 2212 sewing machine:
- Free arm lever
It is fitted with an easy to use free arm that allows the machine to be versatile for different types of sewing projects.
- Reverse lever
The machine has a reverse lever that is located to the right side and allows the user to lock stitches in place.
- Stitch chart
The machine has a stitch chart on the front panel and allows the user to view and know which stitch to select for what project. The visual chart tool displays 12 different stitches which are labeled as BH, A, B, C, D, E, F and G.
- Stitch selector dial
The machine has a stitch selector dial located on the front side of the machine and allows the user to select the right stitch for the right job. With the help of the visual stitch chart tool, an amateur user will be able to know which stitch they are selecting for a particular type of job.
- Stitch Length adjustment
The stitch length adjustment dial allows the user to customize different stitch lengths and width. The maximum width that can be adjusted is 5mm while the maximum length that can be adjusted is 4 mm.
- Stainless steel needle plate
It is designed with stainless steel that allows the user to fit different types of fabrics varying in thickness and layers too. This works well with the extra high presser foot lift.
- The machine is affordable and has just the right amount of features that allow for comfortable use of it especially for people who are just beginning training towards becoming professional seamstresses.
- It comes with a 25 year warranty that protects the user and ensures that in case of damage, repairs will be made for free or at minimal expenses. This ensures that the machine lasts for long and provides the user with longer service.
- It has a visual stitch chart that is fitted on the front of the machine. The visual chart has 12 different types of stitches drawn which provide directions to the novices. Each stitch displayed is used to accomplish different projects.
- It has a reverse lever that is located on the right front side of the machine and allows the user to lock stitches in place.
- It has a stitch selector dial and together with the visual stitch chart, the user can select the right one at the turn of the dial.
- The stitch length adjustment dial allows the user to adjust to the right length and width of the thread. It’s maximum adjustable length is 4mm and its maximum adjustable width is 5 mm.
- It has a four step buttonhole feature that allows the user to make beautiful button holes with ease.
- While the 12 different stitches feature is great for a novice, it limits the user to only a few stitches.
- It lacks the many features that you will find on modern sewing machines which allows one to tackle different heavy sewing projects.
Overall, the machine is great for use for people who have varying skill levels beginning with the novice, the intermediate and the experts. Although it has few features, its stitch quality can be rated 5 stars out of 5, its speed can be rated 4 stars out of 5, its ease of use can be rated 5 stars out of 5 and its maintenance can be rated 5 stars out of 5.
Hi, there! I am Hannah Nelson, your host on this website. I started this blog to teach my lovely readers how to master the art of sewing effortlessly and how to turn this hobby into an income generating business.