For a bright experience Brightech Lightview Pro Flex Magnifying Lamp can be a top choice. The magnifying lamp gives a clear view for every stitch. For all the crafters and hobbbyists this lamp with energy saving LED is a divine thing to own.
If by any chance you are missing out this important accessory from your sewing list then remember one thing. From this, now you feel like having a good sewing machine light around your working area.
One wrong cut and you have to repeat the whole process again. Sewing needs proper lighting for perfect visibility of the threads, needle, and fabric.
You may sew in daylight and might be working till night, the most affected part in the whole process is your eyes. They take all the strain happily and give a good company until you are satisfied.
To take care of the most sensitive part, the eyes, I have chosen a select and top-rated range of sewing lamp for you so that you can focus your eyes well and prevent headache or fatigue.
Types of Lamp Lights
The best light for sewing is which is coming directly from nature. But the natural light is not always at our disposal so you should have a little knowledge about what you are going to select.
Let’s have a look at the types of light:
To work during the daytime, the sunlight is perfect as it has a little blue tinge in it. The blue is soothing for the eyes and it balances well.
The white light is very pleasant and ideal for matching colors of the thread with your fabric. the clear and clean light is not at all harsh on eyes and you may work in it for quite a long time.
The filament in the regular bulb is made of tungsten. Its light is soft white with a yellow color in it. It is the most common and traditional light.
Factors to Consider while choosing Sewing Machine Light
When you decide to make an investment for a sewing lamp make sure you are well aware of the things you should consider. It’s always better to spend quality time to know about what you are spending.
Here are some factors you can quickly go through to them, to get a good amount of idea of the basic criteria to check for sewing machine lamp or light.
The cord length should be sufficient enough to cover the distance between the machine and the power supply.
Majority of the sewing machine lamps has gooseneck which is adjustable and flexible to focus on your working platform.
Set the neck in a way that it emits an optimal amount of light to avoid any stress on your eyes.
Not only for lamps whenever you are going to spend on any electronic or electrical device, always check the power supply specifications.
You can opt of the lamps with battery backup feature if at any point you don’t have a power supply available.
Type of Light
There are various types of lights such as LED, incandescent, fluorescent, etc. make a choice that suits your eyes. This is one factor you should consider seriously.
Check if the bulb can be replaced or not.
The stability of a lamp is very important and it depends on the type of base you choose. You may opt for the mounting bracket, clip, mounting adhesive, clamp, etc.
Portability and Mobility
Most of the sewing lamps are lightweight and you can easily move them from place to place.
5 Top-Rated Sewing Machine Light With Reviews
1. Brightech Litespan LED Bright Floor Lamp (Alpine White)” alt=”” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ data-src=”https://web.archive.org/web/20210506074453/https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=swg_body-20&language=en_US&l=li3&o=1&a=B06XW2TXRK” />
Brightech is a bright craft and reading floor lamp, an ideal choice for hobbyist. For arts and crafts, sewing, reading, woodworking, etc you need a decent amount of light. This standing lamp with every possible feature to lighten up your daily needs.
It has a 12 Watt power saver LED with a 20 year of life. This Led can produce a white light spectrum of 6000K with 2000 lumens of output just like natural daylight.
The LED lights are in trend for quite a long time and no doubt they are still going strong. LED are way more superior to CFL. LED has hardly any heating effect thus having a longer life than CFL which is energy wasting halogens.
Sewing is a hobby or profession which may or may not need mobility. To maintain that flexibility the Lamp is quite easy to move and you can take it wherever you need it to be it in a room or a garage. Mobility will never be a hindrance in your way.
The weight is around 10 pounds which makes it portable and enables easy movement. Just adjust the angle of gooseneck and it can reach up to a good height of 42 and 53 inches. It has a sturdy base of 9”x10” with the head 10”x 7”.
Try to go for a lamp which has a flexible gooseneck. You can put it in angle or position and point the light right there where you want to focus it. Also, there is an inbuilt dimmable provision to dim or brighten the level of light for various tasks.
Turn the Litesan on with just a tap on the power button which is there just above the gooseneck. To run through the different brightness gradient, hold down the power button till you get the right amount of brightness and then release.
The smart technology remembers your last setting for your next task. You don’t have to readjust it every time you turn it on. The amber, soft and gentle glow help you see clearly in the dark and make it fun to work even at the night.
This multipurpose lamp can be used for any age group from kids to adults. Even if young sewers use it, its weighted base never lets it fall. The LED stays cool and is safe for kids. The soft night light gives a pleasant feel and maintains your concentration.
After working for long hours or after a hectic schedule, turn it to night light settings and it will give a gentle orange glow. It lets you go for a quick nap or sleep peacefully in a pleasant and soft atmosphere.
Brightech stands tall with all its products and gives you a complete 3-year warranty. In any case, if you are not satisfied with the product, you can contact them immediately as they aim for 100% customer satisfaction.
The Lifespan LED lamp has 5 color options which illuminate your room giving it a modern essence. The contemporary, minimalist and urban feel is what makes it the futuristic choice for many people.
- Standing portable lamp perfect for sewing, arts & crafts and almost for every hobby
- Illuminates the space just like natural daylight
- 12-watt power saving LED is safe for young sewers
- Flexible gooseneck to point in at any angle and takes up any position
- Inbuilt dimmer to brighten or dim the light lever as per task
- Sturdy, durable and highly stable
- Operational with 110 to 220 volts outlets (fits standard US AC outlets)
- 3-year complete warranty
- Available in 5 colors
- Buyers are disappointed by the flexible gooseneck
- Users said that the light has a short lifespan
2. Lavish Home (72-1515) Sunlight Floor Lamp
Lavish Home delivers what it promises and is committed to providing the best luxurious products at the best price. The collection comprises bath, bedding, flooring, and windows.
Lavish Home is focused to provide you with the finest quality and added fashion and innovation for maximum customer comfort and satisfaction. It has exclusive and always growing select range of items which complements your style.
LED sun lamp as the name screams, it illuminates the space like natural sunlight. The pure bright light saves your eyes from stress and fatigue. If you have a little weak eyesight, you can easily manage to work comfortably if your specs are not around.
The black colored 60 x 10 x 9 inches lamp with a suitable cord length of 64 inches has the perfect dimensions. The 5 feet floor length can be moved to any room and can be adjusted at any height within 5 feet of range.
The 17 Watt power saving LED bulb doesn’t need any replacement plus it saves you from heavy bills. The 1400 lumens which give a brightness of 6500K that looks like bright sunny daylight. LED can last up to 30,000 hours.
The reading, sewing or working LED has easy power buttons. The 4 variants of the brightness button are on the tilting lamp head. It takes hardly five minutes to set up the lamp if you follow the user manual step-by-step.
The multi-directional gooseneck lets you adjust the pivot lamp head side to side or up, down for a variety of assignments. You can point the Led where you want the utmost focus. Ideal for living rooms, sewing counters, offices, etc.
Lavish Home is quite confident about what they are selling. They promise the highest quality and workmanship for every product. But if you are not satisfied then you can return and apply for a refund.
The refund offer applies only to Lavish Home LED Natural Full Spectrum Sunlight Reading floor lamp. They strive for 100% customer satisfaction.
- The plastic, aluminum material is durable with a matt finish
- Energy saver LED 17 W bulb needs replacement no time soon
- The bulb can last for 30,000 hours
- Best for sewing, reading, working indoor
- 4 variations of brightness
- Takes less than 5 minutes to get assembled
- Adjustable, multidirectional and tilting gooseneck to complete any task
- Height can be adjusted as per requirement.
- There is a conditional refund policy for 100% customer satisfaction
- A buyer said that the LEDs cannot be reused or repaired
- Users complained that the Lamp is not as per description
3. Brightech LightView Pro Flex Magnifying Lamp” alt=”” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ data-src=”https://web.archive.org/web/20210506074453/https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=swg_body-20&language=en_US&l=li3&o=1&a=B01K10XA1O” />
Brightech takes care of their every customer not just the ones with a big budget only. They believe that the latest technology and elevated designs should be available to everyone.
They have brought nondusting, unique lighting lamps that not only fits in your budget but also requires no further assembling. They consider that every design is for all of you and things like over costing, time or construction should not limit your vision.
The lightview lamp is designed with a quality 3 diopter glass magnifying lens with glowing LEDs. For working with needle and thread, the magnifier and LED combo magnifies the object 1.75 times or 175% bigger than the original.
To use the magnifiers with higher diopter you need to keep it close to the object being magnified. The closer you keep, the larger view you get. The activities like hand embroidery, hand sewing, hemming and much more can be easily done even when your spectacles are not around.
The Brightech Pro Flex 2 in 1 is built to give you the utmost comfort. You can adjust the flexible gooseneck plus point the light in the direction you are working. For close work, free your hands with the magnifying glass lamp but avoid headset glasses.
The current users have reviewed that they are using and recommending it to the fellow sewers or tailors of every age group. They used it for cross stitch, knitting, sewing, needlepoint, embroidery and what not.
The 13.5 inches of adjustable gooseneck can be bent in any direction. Position the magnifier and light on your work station or platform. The lights stay cool so you can touch it after working for while too.
Brightech offers a full 3-year warranty for modern lighted magnifier lamp. They guarantee customer satisfaction in the best possible way.
- Impeccable interchangeable clamp lamp and table
- Authentic diopter magnifier glass for precise and accurate sewing
- Get rid of headset glasses and use a hands-free magnifying glass lamp
- Adjusting and tilting gooseneck can be set in any position
- Comes with energy saving LED
- Works well with 110 to 220 Volts outlets
- Very easy to assemble
- Buyers said, “Perfect for threading needles with ease.”
- One reviewer, “lights allow me to see true colors”
- 3-year full warranty product
- Majority of the user are highly satisfied and happy.
- The bulb is not dimmable
- A user said that the ring didn’t hold the lens properly
4. Razon Sewing Machine LED Light, Fits All Sewing Machines” alt=”” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ data-src=”https://web.archive.org/web/20210506074453/https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=swg_body-20&language=en_US&l=li3&o=1&a=B01MRFPJS4″ />
The Razon sewing machine LED light is a complete lighting kit for all sewing lovers. The kit comprises a sturdy 3M VHB LED strip adhesive tape, USB power supply, touch dimmer, 5 pieces of adhesive tape and 6.6 feet cord.
The flexible and bendable 11.8 inches LED strip to brighten up space with cold white 6500k with a workable voltage of 5V DC. You may also use the USB port for a convenient connection.
The 3M VHB 4980 adhesive tape is much stronger than classical 3M tape. The tape has terrific durability with moisture resistant and solvent properties with a firm grip. It will not unstick for quite a long period
The brightness level of the LED strip can be changed with touch an easy touch dimming switch and leave it when reached the desired brightness. The LEDs are energy efficient and costs low.
The installation of 11.8” LED strip is quite easy. You can stick the led strip light directly to the machine, you may snip it after every 3 LEDs from the designated marks for optimal lighting area.
The benefit of this lighting strip is that it doesn’t have any shadow hindrance while sewing. It is high intensity with small dimensions light source. It is suitable to give as a gift too.
The led strip can be stick on the neck of any type of sewing machine like Singer, Kenmore, Bernina, Janome, Pfaff, Viking, etc. it will treat your eyes with care and will improve your quality of work.
You may say adieu to large lamps to save space and avoid mobility. All you need to do is just plug and start your work. It is far better than bulbs for the sewing machine.
- Easy to install. Plug and start
- Can be cut after every 3 LEDs
- The chips 2835 are very bright
- The adhesive tape is highly durable, strong and easy to stick
- Convenient short touch for On or OFF operation
- Adjusts the brightness with a long touch
- Works well with 5 volt DC supply
- Saves energy and budget friendly
- Goes well with every sewing machine
- No shadow hindrance
- The satisfaction rate is on the higher side
- The user said that USB power stopped working after a year
- Buyers wrote about the short lifespan of LED
- Someone said that the cord is too short
5. Phive LED Desk Lamp With Clamp (Black)” alt=”” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ data-src=”https://web.archive.org/web/20210506074453/https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=swg_body-20&language=en_US&l=li3&o=1&a=B071ZFL133″ />
The multi-purpose 8 watts LED desk, metal, swing arm dimmable drafting table lamp with clamp by Phive is an indeed a divine lamp option. The contemporary designed with high-grade aluminum allow arm and a sturdy metal clamp makes it a must item for your sewing workstation.
Phive pays extra attention to your eyes with its eye care technology. The diffusion panel emits soft and gentle light without flicker, ghost or glare. The lighting is comparable with the bright daylight with the Ra85 high CRI LEDs. It covers quite a larger area with its higher lighting height.
It gives stepless dimming feature in which the lamp remembers your last brightness level and you don’t need to start the process from scratch. It is free to adjust plus you may keep your personal settings for the next time you power on.
The 180 degrees swivel LED head with 16.3”+16.3” flexible metal arm and rotatable body lets you set the lamp as per the desired task. It comes with a strong clamp to support up to 2.36” tabletop.
It promises energy saving and longevity with the lifespan of 50,000 hours, no bulb replacing problems for the 25 years. This is 20% energy consumption than that of an incandescent bulb.
The packing comprises a desk lamp, arm adjusting tools, metal clamp, power adapter, and a user manual.
NOTE: if you use the lamp on an inclined table or to completely protect the arm from any mishap, make sure you tighten the screw with the screwdriver to lock the clamp.
- Uses eye care technology to avoid stress
- No flickering and glaring
- High graded aluminum alloy for durability
- Comes with a metal clamp for a stable lighting
- Easy stepless icon touch for dimming the led
- 90 pieces of bulb survive well for 25 years
- Swivel lamp to adjust the focus towards the sewing station
- Comes with a 12-month warranty
- A user said that the lamp head doesn’t adjust properly
- The buyer complained that an electrostatic shock killed the lamp.
Though all the above-cited lamps are on the list for their features for me, the champ is Brightech Lightview Pro Flex Magnifying Lamp.
First of all, Brightech is famous for its quality product. They have always kept their promises intact. The lamp has genuine quality of diopter magnifier lens which lets you do all the tasks hand free. You can adjust the gooseneck and focus the light where ever you want.
The full 3-year warranty gives you a good amount of time to spend with this. You may consider this once before making any investment. As you Rip, so shall you Sew!